Html stand for Hypertext Markup Language to write web pages easly. HTML describes the structure of Web pages using markup. HTML elements are represented by tags. HTML is used defining the structure of documents like headings, paragraphs, lists, table so on browser do not display the HTML tag. Now HTML is widely used to develop web pages using different different types of tags of HTML language.
A Basic HTML Document
Following is an example of an HTML document:
<!DOCTYPE html> <html> <head> <title>This is Html document title</title> </head> <body> <h1>This is a Html heading tag.</h1> <p>This is a Html paragraph tag.</p> </body> </html>
Here I am going to explain all Html Tag used in above example:
• This <!DOCTYPE html> This tag defines the document type and version of HTML.
• This <html> tag is the root element of HTML page
• This <head> tag contains meta information of page and SCRIPT and STYLE
• This <title> tag specifies a title of HTML page
• This <body> tag contains the visible content of HTML page
• This <h1> tag defines large size heading
• This <p> tag represents a paragraph
HTML tags are names surrounded by angle brackets:
<tagname>content goes here...</tagname>
• HTML tags normally start with <html> and end with </html>
• The start tag is known as opening tag, and the end tag is known as closing tag
• The end tag is written with a forward slash before the tag name
HTML Page Structure
A normally HTML document have the following structure:
Note: Only the content inside the <body> section is display on browser.
The <!DOCTYPE> Declaration
The <!DOCTYPE> declaration tag is used to understand the HTML version and helps browsers to display web pages correctly. It must appear at the top of the page. There are many other declaration types of <!DOCTYPE> which can be used in HTML document depending on the version of HTML.
The <!DOCTYPE> declaration for HTML5 is:
Thank you for reading this article, and if you have any problem, have a another better useful solution about this article, please write message in the comment section. We will be very happy to hear that.